Planning on buying a new pair of headphones? Whether it is safe to purchase headphones or earbuds online?
Yes, it is entirely safe to buy your new pair of headphones online.
The brand and the online shopping site is what you should look for. The number of brands is countless with a wide range of designs, styles, and features. I bought one high-end headphone online, and I love it. Just check the technical specifications including the type, the sound quality, and the brand.
Specifications of Headphones
So, what are the top things that you need to be looking for when it comes to purchasing the right headphone?
Deciding on The type of Headphone You Need:
You should first decide in your mind that for what purpose you want the headphone. There are chiefly three types of headphones:
1. In-Ear: These are the most common type of headphones; also known as In-Ear Monitor. These are the same headphones that you might find in the box of your new phone. You may find both wired and wireless headphones that are in-ear.
2. On-Ear: If you want to wear it for long durations, On-Ear headphones are more comfortable. You may find on-ear headphones with microphones attached to it. The receivers are used for voice recording and gaming purposes.
3. Over-Ear: Over-Ear is the most comfortable headphones. Over-Ear comes with fantastic sound quality. They are not very portable but offer many features like noise-cancellation, sound-isolation, and lightweight headbands. Do note though that unless you buy from a reliable brand, over-ear headphones aren’t as durable, and the ear cups can come out quickly.
There are many brands available in the headphones category. The most famous brands have highly designed their products. The branded headphones have good drivers, speakers, cable and other components. These brands are highly reliable, and you can buy them Online without any second thoughts. You could choose the reputable brands like Bose and Sennheiser or go for lesser known ones.
Do note though that the models differ even across brands, and not all would be suited to your needs. If you are looking for a good headphone that you can use for many years, have a look at the specific model reviews before making the purchase.
The wired and the wireless:
A wireless headphone is in trend nowadays. But if you are planning to buy online, you should check the wireless technology used in the headphones. It can be either Bluetooth or radio frequency.
A Bluetooth headphone has 30-40 m range. It has a battery and range issue, unlike wired headphones.
The wired headphones come with J-cabling (single wired) and Y-cabling (double wired) type. The cord is usually rubber coated and flexible.
The comfortable headphones have lightly weighted headbands and good ear pads. You should check the size of ear-buds and the weight of the on-ear and over-ear headphone. If you are buying the in-ear headphones, you should check the features of volume control.
Things you should not ignore:
The size, type, and the brand are some critical things you should research on. Listed below are some things you should not ignore while buying the headphones online.
Reviews and Ratings:
If you are going to buy a new pair of headphones, don’t forget to check the ratings and reviews. You may easily find the genuine reviews about the product. You can also check the video reviews on the YouTube. You can also check the rating in some other tech related sites like CNET.
Check the price and offers:
- You should check the cost of the headphones from the official pair of the brand.
- You may find some reasonable offers if you are lucky. There are attractive options for buying the headphones together with some extra gadgets.
If you are planning to buy for a while working out or outdoor sports, there are many models with unique ear tips. These models are water resistant. You will find the stylish range of headphones. My folks have one shiny pair of headphones; and yes, they buy it Online.
For the ultimate sound-quality experience, check the feature like a bass enhancer, noise cancellation, and sound-isolation. If you are a gamer by heart, you should check the Gaming headphones with microphones. And the DJ Headphones are high-end earpieces with twist and swivels.
Studio headphones are special –purpose headphones. They are not only meant for music production but also for enhancing the quality of music. There are various types of studio headphones available Online. Circumaural headphones cover the ears completely. Supra-aural headphones do not include the ears.
The online Shopping site itself
You can’t afford to ignore this one. The shopping site is the most important thing to look for. You may find few offers on a genuine website, but the product delivery and the warranty period are reliable. You can trust blindly on the official Stores of the leading brands of headphones. You can compare the specification also from the official site of the product.
Look out for things like:
- Is the online shopping site reliable?
- What is the return policy on offer?
- How much are the shipping charges?
- How long do they take to ship anyway?
- Are there any extra charges that you need to be aware of?
Sure, online shopping of headphones might seem a bit tricky. After all, headphones have a wide array of styles, types, designs, and features. You should not compromise the comfort and the sound quality. If you wear your headphones for extended periods a day, it may lead to hearing loss.
Finally, you have an idea of how safe it is to buy a pair of new headphones online. All you have to do is decide what you are looking for in your new headphones.
I hope you get some useful information about your worry. Please leave your valuable suggestions related to the shopping of headphones. You can share it with others to help them in buying their new earbuds online.